Immediate opening for Two Summer Interns to work with hospitality businesses throughout the Catskill Watershed
HospitalityGreen LLC (HG) is providing an excellent opportunity for two interns to learn and gain experience working with owners and operators in the hospitality industry, promoting and implementing sustainable business practices. Our interns assume a diversity of responsibilities including: answering and researching questions regarding sustainable hotel operations, serving as an HG representative throughout the business community, developing informational material for blog postings, conducting on site assessments and trouble shooting.
There are also multiple opportunities for the development of special projects and PT and FT work depending upon the interest and qualifications of the chosen candidates.
• Must have an insured car and a valid driver’s license
• Educational background in the natural sciences, the hospitality industry, sustainability management, environmental education, or related field.
• Previous experience working with businesses.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, comfortable speaking with business and facility operators, and a professional appearance
• High level of organizational skills to effectively administer the diverse demands of the job, as well as work independently and keep detailed records and receipts
• Motivated, enthusiastic, creative, and willing to work with large and small businesses and independently travel throughout the Catskill Watershed
• Must be able to execute in depth internet research and be facile in MS Word, excel and ppt.
• Familiarity with the Catskills or map skills a plus and love of mountains and clean streams a MUST!
Position: Green Concierge Summer Interns (2)
Location: 35 Main Street, Mountaindale, NY 12763
Position Dates: late May – late August
Work Schedule: 20-24 hours per week / flexible schedule is acceptable
Compensation: Reimbursement for all travel and client visit expenses, private apartment in Mountaindale, $500 stipend, academic credit, extensive B to B experience, opportunity to attend all HG trainings w/out charge, chance to spend the summer traveling throughout and working in an incredibly beautiful place!
Closing date: April 22, 2011 or until filled
For more information or to apply, please email or mail a resume and a brief letter of inquiry or interest to:
Evadne Giannini, Green Concierge Program Director
PO Box 222, 35 Main Street
Mountaindale, NY 12763
Thursday, March 31, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
BCC Again Offers Green Facility Training
In today’s economy, taking advantage of the cost savings associated with being a “green” business is important to a healthy bottom line. Many Berkshire County businesses have undergone energy audits and started recycling programs, but most facility managers and green leaders need help to institutionalize other sustainable practices.
To address that need, Berkshire Community College is again offering an intensive two-part workshop on “Green Facility Training for Operations and Management.” The class will be held on April 19 and 26 at BCC’s Intermodal Education Center in Pittsfield.
This training provides a comprehensive understanding of sustainability. Resources, information, and practical lessons from professionals will guide participants to complete a comprehensive facility assessment, develop an improvement plan, and conduct a site audit. Topics will include: source reduction; quantifying resource usage; green policy, purchasing, and marketing; immediate results; troubleshooting; and compliance, verifications/audits. Learn how to cut resources and not jobs. Green facility certifications, the new Green Meeting Standards and LEED EB Requirements are covered. Course tuition includes a subscription to on-line checklists and measurement tools.
For more information or to register, call 413-236-5251 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Berkshire Chamber of Commerce members are eligible for a 15% discount.